Thursday, May 29, 2008

New job and Alan's head in a vase

I don't know why the date shows May 29th...its really June 10..

Yup. It's the second week on the new job. I get paid on Friday and Alan will no longer have to be my "sugar-daddy"...well, unless he wants to.

Working at another software company, this time in Scottsdale. Thank goodness my friend, Sonia, works near by making it possible to carpool. The company is WAY laid back and I work with good people. Perks are great. Free lunch, gas money, flexible schedule. They're a small company. Only about 6 people in the office and 4 sales people that telecommute...boss just wants to keep people happy.

Oh yeah..I'm a software analyst.

************

So anyways, I'm working on a new project. Decided to pick up the clay and start sculpting figurines. Basically I ran into a website that does custom wedding toppers and I thought, "Wow, that's cool...I wonder if I could do that?" So I went out and bought some sculpey clay and attempted to capture Alan. Below is the very first attempt. Keep in mind, I haven't done this before.


Anyways, its not THAT bad...plus I found instructions on proper technique through the website I was inspired by. I also got proper tools...so we'll see how version 2 goes this weekend.

2 comments:

Beckums said...

WOW! and that was FIRST try, you crazy dawn, that looks awesome!!! i don't even wanna know what my first try would look like, lololol

Donna said...

FIRST try?! You're insane girl. Insanely talented! That's a great idea for toppers...can't wait to see more.