Monday, January 19, 2009

**does good credit dance**

Wow...for the longest time, I thought I had bad credit...well, I probably did. Alan and I were starting to stress because we wanted to buy a house soon, but with the higher standards for lending, we thought we had a lot of work to do to boost the credit. We wanted to buy before June so we can get the tax credit.

Anyways, Alan got his report and score last week. After a bit of whining about MY score (I signed up for the credit monitoring and they have a "score"), we finally just paid the $$ to get my Official FICO score from Equifax. 673...I was flabbergasted. That's in the "Good" range...most importantly, that in the "I can qualify for a house" range! We ran the other 2 credit bureaus to make sure it was not a fluke...and it wasn't!

The next step is getting in touch with a mortgage broker. My co-worker's friend is a mortgage broker that works with FHA loans, so we will be talking with him soon. Our main concern is the difference in credit scores. We expect Alan's to be a lot better in a few months and mine would continue to raise if I pay down some things. If I can boost a few more points, that means lower interest rate. Im sure talking with him and getting information will put our minds at ease....and we could possibly be in a our own home sooner that we think!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm so excited for you guys! It will be so nice for you to have your own home and then you can have a house warming party!