Tuesday, June 16, 2009

So we just got back from the Foster Care and Adoption Orientation. Lots of information, but not much that I didn't already research.

On a quick side note: On both the website AND the paperwork the sent in the mail, they say the meetings are for Adults ONLY. Mostly because its a 2 hour long meeting and its boring....so anyways, this family brought both kids and the baby was LOUD and they had to sit behind us. It was a small group, probably 25 people attended. Anyways the baby was cooing and giggling and crying the whole time...Normally, I would suspect, people take the kid outside so not to disturb the rest of the group. EVERYONE was annoyed because they were missing out on important information. Finally, I had to raise my hand and ask the speaker to talk louder because I could hear her...and I was only 3 rows back.. that's when the lady finally took the baby outside.. I felt bad being annoyed by the kid, but I was there to learn and I couldn't hear. =(

Anyhoo...The next step is to contact and interview adoption agencies and pick one we want to work with. We got a whole list of them tonight. I read through the descriptions and looked at the websites. I emailed 2 of them this evening, so hopefully I will hear back soon and we can get this part done by this week or next week. I will have even MORE information then.

No comments: